Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Why #scripturedoodle?

Have you ever been chasing a dream that maybe wasn't what God had for you even though it was a good thing? That's been my last two years. Even though I was pursuing my art it wasn't the part of my art that He wanted me focused on..... Here's a few things He's been teaching me:


After much stress and fighting God sometimes without even knowing it I finally said okay. And can I just say that it feels so good to say yes to God! I know now where he wants me and that is spending time on #scripturedoodle. For the past couple years I steered away from it because frankly I didn't think the idea could sustain me financially, but as we know but sometimes need reminding- it's not about the money it's about obedience. And if God calls me to it, he will make a way financially for it.

All to say, you'll be seeing a lot more of it in the coming days. I feel like God wants to use the creative worship space of #scripturedoodle to make himself famous and to draw hearts to him. I feel so strongly that #scripturedoodle is not just for the artists- it is for anyone who wants to explore God's word in a new way, that is my heart and so I want to make it available to everyone. I have this wild pipe dream that someday we could illustrate the whole bible with #scriptuerdoodle.... I can't even wrap my mind around that one but I'm just speaking it so that God knows I hear him and I believe that nothing is too big for him.

I also have a huge confession to make, I am NOT A BUSINESS MASTERMIND.... not a big surprise to those of you who know me well, (especially my husband). The whole idea of growing this thing is a bit scary and seems too much for my creative brain, but I do know that if this is where God wants me he will guide me and show me the steps to take to build it. You can follow most of what's happening with #scripturedoodle not here but at worship-artist.com

SO... what is he calling you to? Will you say yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment