Monday, July 11, 2016

Jesus In Your Home

This exercise might be a bit of a stretch, but it also might be my favorite one in the book. When I think of my home, so much gratitude and so many memories come to mind.  At the same time, I must confess I’ve never really spent time to invite God into each corner of my family’s space.  I certainly want God’s very best blessings on our home.  Below are a few verses that shed some light on what the word of God says about our homes.

“By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established: by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.” Proverbs 24:3-4

“Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place. For now I have chosen and consecrated this house that my name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will be there for all time.” 2 Chronicles 7: 15-16




On the next page draw out a floor plan of what your house looks like, room by room and floor by floor.  Print one for each floor if you prefer.  Your drawing does not need to be perfect or to scale but make sure you include each room of your house-even your garage if you have one!  Then I want you to take some time to write a prayer to God in each space, tell him how you want to invite him into that specific room of your home.  Ask him for his best blessings and tell him what you desire to receive from Him there.  May you take this time to create with an expectant heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment