Sunday, May 12, 2013

For the Mom who has lost...


Mother's Day! Such a precious day for so many blessed women in this world. Today can also be a day of heartache for all those who have lost a child in any capacity. Maybe through miscarriage or stillbirth or a failed adoption or losing the life of a child who has shared your home with you. Even those who just feel the loss of never becoming pregnant, getting that monthly reminder that once again you are not with child.
I never thought that I would have any trouble with infertility, but Robert and I shared a short season of it and it truly was one of the hardest things we have ever gone through. Those of you who are still in that season may think, "I can't hear what you have to say because you have a healthy baby now. Your hurt is gone and you can't understand what my heart is feeling". That's pretty much how I felt about every pregnant woman around me. I can't know exactly what you are feeling, but I welcome you to be angry at me or any other mom for as long as you need to be. And when the time comes where you want to continue to the next step, my ears are always ready to listen and share in your journey. One of the greatest things someone told me during our season of infertility was to let God grieve with you. Open your heart to God and understand the fact that his heart is broken for your loss and He is right with you. It won't happen right away but it will happen, God will heal your heart. Being a Mom is truly one of the greatest blessings in this life.
After my second miscarriage God gave me a series of paintings to tell our story. The pictures and narrative describe all of the feelings involved in the process. You can see it and read about it here: https://picasaweb.google.com/118253543908283414431/OurJourney#
My thoughts and prayers are with all the moms out there in this season, awaiting the story of God's faithfulness in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment