Monday, April 15, 2013

Like an old school revival

So we are a week into our Instagram and health detox and I just wanted to share for a hot minute on our progress. In short, I feel great. The first couple days were really hard to stay off of social media but after I got used to it it became much easier. Now I don't even find myself thinking about what I'm "missing". As for my body on the health side of things I also feel great. A couple days in I remember feeling like a had the flu one evening, I was achey and tired, but the next day that went away and I started noticing the benefits of our healthy eating. I seem to have more energy than normal and I am waking up feeling rested. As a result I feel like my mind is sharp and my heart and ears are tuned to hear from God. I noticed yesterday in church I was taking away so many nuggets from the message and had a sweet time in worship. I'm just so thankful. Thank you God for allowing this detox.

I'm not saying that all of this refreshing is from my #instadetox or my #whole30 challenge with Robert, but I do think it has something to do with it. I think part of it is setting time apart asking the Lord for refreshing. Like an old school revival in church. People come expecting God to move, and He does. I can't wait to continue this little revival for the next few weeks, asking God for even more refreshing!

I came across this verse this morning and I loved it! It's how I feel about what this 30 days is bringing. I love the last part, "Return to Me, for I have redeemed you". Aren't we so blessed that God allows us to return to Him...always.



No comments:

Post a Comment