Monday, April 8, 2013

Insta Detox



This week Robert and I are starting a #whole30 challenge and to go along with it I feel a little nudge to also do an Insta-Detox and a Facebook fast. I've been fighting it but I think it's time. I know it's going to be hard because I love instagram and keeping up with everyone through Facebook, but I feel it taking up too much of my time on a daily basis. I pray that God will use this time away to discipline me with His word and love. Just this morning I was reading a devotional teaching about the tactics of the enemy, and two of his favorites are noise and distraction. Although social media is not supposed to be noise and distraction it has certainly been distracting me from spending time with the Father on a daily basis. Let me just take a minute to declare that I am the absolute worst at spending consistent time in God's word, and even though me spending time with Him won't change the way He feels about me, it might change the way I feel about Him, and that is what I'm hoping for.

I'm going to try and post every couple of days to share what I'm learning and maybe a couple of #scripturedoodles along the way.  Join me if you feel the nudge too. ;)

P.S. I can already tell this is going to be SO hard, posting the pic above made me want to look at my feed so bad.....and now I am convinced I have an insta-addiction. Deliver me Jesus :)

No comments:

Post a Comment